Support Us! Become a Sponsor
It takes a lot to field one FIRST robotics team, let alone three. Between competition fees, travel expenses, team t-shirts, materials for various building projects, and more, expenses quickly rise into the tens of thousands of dollars! We rely on the support of our communities to help make our program possible. Thanks to our communities and our 68 sponsors in 2017-18, we were able to meet our fundraising goal of $16,000! We are currently working on a budget that will set our fundraising goal for 2018-19. When it is done, we will publish our goal, as well as our 2018-19 Business Plan and budget.
Monetary donations and sponsorships are tax-deductible. We have five sponsorship "tiers" with different benefits to recognize the amazing support of our sponsors and community partners. They are:
- Your business or organization name will be displayed on the Midcoast MAINEiacs website, and;
- Your business or organization will be listed as a Bronze-level sponsor in the team’s scrapbook.
Silver ($100-$249): All of the Bronze benefits, PLUS:
- Your business or organization will be listed as a Silver-Level sponsor in the team’s scrapbook;
- Your business or organization name will be listed in text on our Team T-Shirts (see below for deadlines for T-shirt sponsorship placements), and;
- You will receive a team picture from us at the end of the season.
Gold ($250-$499): All Silver benefits, PLUS:
- Your business or organization logo will be displayed on the team’s T-shirts and on the team’s Thank You banners, which will be displayed at competitions and public events (see below for deadlines for T-shirt and banner sponsorship placements).
Platinum ($500-$999): All Gold benefits, PLUS:
- We will announce your sponsorship on our Facebook page;
- Your business or organization’s logo will be displayed at the footer of our team website, and;
- (FIRST Robotics Competition ONLY): Your business or organization’s logo will be displayed on our robot.
Diamond ($1000+): All Platinum benefits, PLUS:
- Your business or organization’s logo will be displayed on the sidebar of the front page of our website;
- Your business or organization’s logo will appear on both the FIRST Robotics Competition and FIRST LEGO League T-Shirts (see below for deadlines for T-shirt sponsorship placements);
- We will arrange for a presentation/demonstration at your place of business, if you are interested, and;
- (FIRST Robotics Competition ONLY) Your business or organization’s name will be read as an official team sponsor at team competitions.
Donations can be dropped off directly at Searsport District Middle/High School, or mailed to:
Midcoast MAINEiacs Robotics Team
Searsport District Middle/High School
24 Mortland Rd
Searsport, ME 04974
Checks can be written to RSU #20, with "robotics" in the memo line.
In addition, we gladly accept in-kind donations, including tools and equipment, shelving, and even items that can be raffled off. In particular, our high school, FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) team would appreciate regular donations of scrap metal and aluminum for robot construction.
If you have any questions about supporting our team, please email Geoff Cyr, Lead Mentor, at email@example.com.